Refer a friend promotion
Questions & answers.
1. When does the Refer a friend promotion commence?
- This promotion commenced on November 1st 2022 and is currently ongoing.
2. As a client of Care Connect, am I eligible for this promotion?
- As a client of Care Connet, you are eligible for this promotion and can refer a friend.
- You cannot be referred to Care Connect as part of this promotion. This promotion is only available to new clients who are not receiving services from Care Connect.
3. When will I receive my EFTPOS gift card?
- Once the client you have referred has been with Care Connect for 12 consecutive weeks, you will be mailed a $50 EFTPOS gift card within 30 days.
- If you have not received your EFTPOS gift card within this timeframe, please contact Care Connect on 1800 692 464.
4. Where can I use my EFTPOS gift card?
- You can use your EFTPOS gift at any EFTPOS terminal Australia-wide.
- You can also use it to make online purchases at more than one merchant and to make purchases outside of Australia.
- Purchases made in foreign currency are subject to a Currency Conversion Fee of 3.5%.
5. Places you cannot use an EFTPOS gift card:
- At an ATM for any purpose of withdrawing cash or for cash equivalent transactions;
- Anywhere there is no electronic processing capability;
- For recurring payments, direct debits or instalments;
- At gambling merchants; or
- At merchants displaying the Visa logo who choose not to accept prepaid EFTPOS Cards.
6. How to activate your card?
- To activate your card, please call 1800 446 347.
- Your card MUST be activated by the Activation End Date otherwise, all funds are forfeited. Your activation end date is located inside your gift card wallet.
- After activation, your card will be ready to use within 1 business day.
- To use your card at any EFTPOS terminal Australia-wide; Please swipe the card, select CREDIT, and enter the 4-digit PIN as shown on the back of the card (behind the scratch panel).
7. What is an EFTPOS gift card?
- An EFTPOS gift card is a prepaid card that can be used wherever EFTPOS gift cards are accepted and processed electronically.
- The EFTPOS gift card operates like any card, but because it is a prepaid card, spending is limited to the amount of money placed on the EFTPOS gift card at the time of purchase.
- An EFTPOS gift card cannot be reloaded with additional funds.
8. How do I use it?
- To use an EFTPOS gift card for EFTPOS transactions, please swipe the card through the EFTPOS equipment, select “CREDIT” or “Cr” and then either provide your signature to the merchant or enter your PIN code.
- For online or telephone transactions, please enter or provide your card number, expiry date and the 3-digit code provided upon activation of your card. Your PIN code can be obtained by referring to a scratch panel on the reverse of the card. You do not need to use the whole card value in one transaction.
- Spending is limited to the amount of money placed on the EFTPOS card at the time of purchase.
9. How can I check the balance on my EFTPOS gift card?
To check the card balance and view your transaction history please visit www.activ8card.com.au
10. Can I buy something that costs more than the value of the EFTPOS gift card?
- If your purchase is greater than the gift card’s value, tell the cashier you would like to pay the difference first and then use your gift card to pay the remaining balance.
- The value of your EFTPOS gift card can be combined with cash when you are making a purchase.
- At the option of each merchant, the value of your EFTPOS Card may also be combined with a credit or debit card or check when you are making a purchase.
- If you don’t tell the cashier you would like to use two forms of payment and then try to purchase for more than the amount on the EFTPOSs gift card, the transaction will be declined because you don’t have enough money on your EFTPOS gift card.
11. Can I add money to the EFTPOS gift card?
- No, this EFTPOS gift card is not reloadable.
12. Can the EFTPOS gift card be replaced if lost or stolen?
- EFTPOS gift cards should be treated like cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
13. How long can I use the EFTPOS Card?
- Your EFTPOS gift card will expire on the date shown on the front of your card.
- On the expiry of your card, any balance that remains after the expiry date will not be available for use and will be forfeited by you and become the property of the Distributor.
14. Can I use the EFTPOS gift card overseas?
- Yes you can use the EFTPOS card overseas.
- A Currency Conversion fee of 3.5% applies for foreign currency transactions.
Terms and Conditions
For further details and full terms and conditions of your EFTPOS card visit the Rewards Come True terms and conditions page.