Refer a friend promotion
Frequently Asked Questions and Terms and Conditions
1. When does the Refer a Friend promotion commence?
- This promotion commenced on November 1st 2022, and is currently ongoing.
2. As a client of Care Connect, am I eligible for this promotion?
- As a Home Care Packages client of Care Connect, you are eligible for this promotion and can refer a friend to our Home Care Packages program.
- Please note that as an existing client, you cannot be referred to Care Connect as part of this promotion. This promotion is only available to new clients who are not receiving services from Care Connect.
3. When will I receive my eftpos gift card?
- Once the Home Care Packages client you have referred has been with Care Connect for 12 consecutive weeks, you will be mailed a $50 eftpos gift card within 30 days.
- If you have not received your eftpos gift card within this timeframe, please contact your Care Manager to follow up.
4. Where can I use my eftpos gift card?
- You can use your eftpos gift at any eftpos terminal Australia-wide.
5. Places you cannot use an eftpos gift card:
- At an ATM for any purpose of withdrawing cash or for cash equivalent transactions;
- Anywhere there is no electronic processing capability;
- For recurring payments, direct debits or instalments;
- For online purchases, direct debit, recurring or regular instalment payments; and
- At gambling merchants; or at merchants displaying the Visa logo who choose not to accept prepaid eftpos Cards.
6. Does your card need to be activated?
- No, your card arrives activated and ready to use.
7. When does my gift card expire?
- Your prepaid eftpos gift card expires 3 years after date of activation. Your expiration date is written on the back of the card for your reference. On the expiry of your card, any balance that remains after the expiry date will not be available for use and is forfeited.
8. What is an eftpos gift card?
- An eftpos gift card is a prepaid card that can be used wherever eftpos gift cards are accepted and processed electronically.
- The eftpos gift card operates like any card, but because it is a prepaid card, spending is limited to the amount of money placed on the eftpos gift card at the time of purchase.
- An eftpos gift card cannot be reloaded with additional funds.
9. How do I use the card instore?
- Just use it like any eftpos card:
1. Present your card in store at any participating retailer and use it against any purchase.
2. Swipe the card through the eftpos terminal. Select “SAVINGS,” enter the PIN on the back of your card and you’re done
10. Can I check the balance on my eftpos gift card online?
- No. We have activated your card to make things easy for you, and to protect your privacy we have used Care Connect details. This means that you cannot check the balance of your card on the eftpos website. Instead, we suggest you write the amount spent as you go, or use the whole balance in a single transaction
11. Can I buy something that costs more than the value of the eftpos gift card?
- For a larger purchase, you can use the total balance of the gift card to partially complete payment. You will then need to pay the difference by another payment method.
12. Can I add money to the eftpos gift card?
- No, the eftpos gift card is not reloadable.
13. Can the eftpos gift card be replaced if lost or stolen?
- Eftpos gift cards should be treated like cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
14. Can I use the eftpos gift card overseas?
- No, the eftpos prepaid gift card cannot be used overseas.
Terms and Conditions
For further details and full terms and conditions of your eftpos card visit the terms and conditions page. https://www.eftpos.gift/termsandconditions