What fees will I be charged?
Care Connect charges a Package Management fee of 13% (all providers charge this fee) and a Care Management fee of 17%. The inclusions are outlined below in detail.
Package Management 13%*
This is an essential cost for all Home Care Packages. It covers administration the Federal Government requires to manage your Home Care Package funds. For example, the set-up needed to distribute and manage your funding and all required essential correspondence.
- Setting up and managing the funding subsidy through Services Australia.
- Reporting back to the Government.
- Carrying out quality compliance assessments.
- Preparing monthly statements and annual reviews.
*This is a baseline fee charged by most HCP providers
Care Management 17%
This covers all services provided by your dedicated Care Connect team. It includes getting to know you so that we understand your care needs and partnering with you to tailor a personalised care plan. We can also advocate for you to ensure you are maximising your care options.
- Working with you to map out goals and tailor a personalised care plan.
- Connecting with your family and carers as you prefer to understand your care needs.
- Scheduling care and support.
- Checking-in regularly to see how you are.
- Annual review of your care plan.
- Advocating for you e.g. communicating with health providers, Government agencies or utility providers on your behalf.
- Helping you connect with your local community.
Home Care Packages (HCP) levels of funding
The table below helps explain how the Package Management fee and the Care Management fee apply.
NB: These figures are approximate as per My Aged Care published package values. Pricing is current from 1st July 2023. Pricing aligns with the Department of Health Pricing Transparency and Comparability Schedule. Annual Home Care Package subsidies are reviewed by the Government 1st July each year.
Understanding the 12% handling fee
Care Connect charge a 12% handling fee on invoices and reimbursements. This fee is capped at $120 per item for all expenses over $1000. We charge this fee if you (1) require reimbursements for products purchased in relation to your care; or (2) need us to make a one-off purchase on your behalf. The fee covers handling invoices and payments.
Download a copy of the Care Connect Price Guide:
How much do services cost?