Improved Payment Arrangements (IPA)
Care Connect would like you to understand a change associated with your Home Care Package referred to as Improvement Payment Arrangements(IPA). This change is required by the Government and ONLY affects the way the Government manages funds with your provider, Care Connect.
Your Care Plan does not change and you do not need to do anything.
Understanding the changes taking place from 1 September
- Home Care Package subsidies will be paid only for care and services delivered.
- Services Australia will create a home care account on your behalf.
- Any unspent subsidy amount accrued from September 1st will be held in this account, and continue to be available to pay for your care and services when needed.
About your Home Care Package
- There is NO change to the level of funding you currently receive.
- If you need to revise spending to date, your Client Adviser will talk through your options.
- Remember to discuss any variation to services with your Service Coordinator, whether it be a date change or cancellation.
- If you are planning a purchase of significant value (such as a walker or mobility aid) please talk to your Client Adviser who will assist you in budgeting for it.
With the introduction of the IPA comes positive change
- Improved protections for your HCP funds, with more secure access and transparency.
- Same visibility of service and purchases currently presented on your Summary of Service.
- You may consider further support if you identify a high percentage of unspent funds.
Home Care Package Pricing & Usage Guide
We understand it’s important for you to stay in control of your life as you age. Whether you need a little help or more, we will empower you to choose the right balance of services and support which enable you to stay living at home for life.
The cost of your services and the cost of your provider are covered by your Home Care Package.
Our costs have two key components:
- Package Management — 13% fee
- Care Management — 16% fee
Your Package Management fee covers regulated activities that Care Connect is duty bound to fulfill and includes setting up, and management of, the funding subsidy through Medicare, government reporting, quality reviews, compliance auditing and preparation of an itemised monthly statement to help you keep track of your funding and services.
Care Management is an essential component of every Home Care Package. It ensures you receive the appropriate level of support in a way that meets your current and future care needs. Care Management may be provided in different ways including face-to-face or via phone or email and you will have access to our dedicated Care Centre team. Care Management Includes:
- Dedicated Client Adviser
- Care Plan development and ongoing review
- Service scheduling and coordination
- Services tailored to your individual needs and cultural requirements
- Safety risk assessment and monitoring of your health and wellbeing
- Annual review of Home Care Agreement
If you select a provider outside the Care Connect network, or need to purchase an approved product, a 10% handling charge applies to those services and products. This charge is to ensure your services comply with aged care quality standards so that you remain safe, and covers processing charges. Rest assured though that the handling charge is capped at a maximum of $100 per item, even if the cost of that item exceeds $1000.
|Annual Care Management||$1,445.40||$2,540.40||$5,529.75||$8,380.40|
|Annual Package Management||$1,171.65||$2,065.90||$4,493.15||$6,810.90|
|Total Care Connect charges||$2,617.05||$4,606.30||$10,022.90||$15,191.30|
|Available for services||$6,409.40||$11,271.20||$24,528.00||$37,186.20|
Pricing current from 1 July, 2021. NB: Figures are approximate per My Aged Care published package values. Pricing is in alignment with the Department of Health Pricing Transparency & Comparability Schedule.