Almost all of the restrictions placed on Victorians during the five-day snap lockdown will be removed at 11.59pm tonight. Most rules will revert back to pre-circuit breaker lockdown levels, but a few will remain stricter.
The four reasons to leave home will no longer apply, nor will the five kilometre travel limit. Masks will be required indoors, and outdoors in situations where socially distancing is not possible.
A maximum of five visitors will be permitted in a home from 11.59pm tonight until Friday, February 26. Up to 20 people will be permitted at public gatherings.
Please also note that Care Connect has reminded all care workers to continue to wear PPE during the provision of services.
- TRAVEL LIMIT: Five kilometre limit will not apply
- MASKS: Will be required indoors, and outdoors in situations where socially distancing is not possible.
- HOME VISITS: Maximum of five visitors permitted in a home from 11.59pm tonight until Friday, February 26
- PUBLIC GATHERINGS: Up to 20 people will be permitted at public gatherings
- SCHOOLS: Reopen
- RETAIL AND HOSPITALITY: Reopen, subject to 1 per 2sqm density limit, up to 25 patrons permitted before density limit applies
- OFFICES: Workers may return to offices at 50 per cent of usual capacity, in both the public and private sector
- CARE FACILITIES + HOSPITALS: One household may visit a patient once per day
- FUNERALS AND WEDDINGS: No maximum attendee caps indoors or outdoors, density quotient of 1 per 2 sqm applies. Funerals and weddings at private homes subject to home gathering limit
- RELIGIOUS SERVICES: Permitted with density limit of 1 per 2sqm
- ENTERTAINMENT VENUES: Open at 50 per cent of usual capacity indoors, with maximum of 300 people per space
- CINEMAS: Open at 50 per cent of usual capacity with a maximum of 300 people per space
- INDOOR SPORT: Returns with density limit of 1 per 4sqm. Gym classes limited to 50 people
- OUTDOOR SPORT: Up to 100 patrons for outdoor fitness classes, with density quotient of 1 per 2sqm
- POOLS/SPAS/STEAM ROOMS: Indoor venues open with density quotient of 1 per 4sqm. Outdoor pools open with density quotient of 1 per 2sqm
- ACCOMMODATION: Bookings restricted to private gathering limit. The person or household booking the accommodation can have up to 5 visitors
- REAL ESTATE: Inspections and auctions allowed with a density quotient of 1 per 2sqm
No new COVID-19 cases were recorded in Victoria in the 24 hours to midnight. A mammoth 39,258 test results were received yesterday (Tuesday 16 February). There are currently 25 active cases of COVID-19 in Victoria.