FURTHER UPDATE 29 JUNE, 2021 5.00PM
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has announced from 6.00pm Tuesday 29 June, a 3-day lockdown will be in place for the following local government Area’s (LGA’s): Noosa, Sunshine Coast, Ipswich, Logan, Redlands, Moreton Bay, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Scenic Rim, Lockyer Valley, Somerset, Townsville City, Magnetic Island and Palm Island Aboriginal Shire.
Anyone in the affected LGA’s will be required to stay at home except for essential reasons which include:
- Obtaining essential goods or services including healthcare and vaccinations
- essential work or childcare
- assisting vulnerable persons
For further details please see here
UPDATE 29 JUNE, 2021 7:00AM
The purpose of the correspondence is to inform you of latest developments on COVID-19 in New South Wales and Queensland.
Providing services to the aged care community is considered to be essential and services should continue. Use masks, screening questions, practice hand hygiene and social distancing measures.
New South Wales – specific instructions
Premier Gladys Berejiklian has announced from 6.00pm Saturday 26 June, everyone in Greater Sydney must stay at home unless you have a reasonable excuse. Furthermore, if you have been in Greater Sydney, including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour for any reason since Monday 21 June 2021, you must follow the stay at home rules and must continue to follow them for 14 days after you were last in Greater Sydney.
- Masks are required for all services in these LGAs. Care workers, care recipient and any other member present from the household needs to wear a mask when giving and receiving services
The full media release from the NSW Premier’s Office can be found here. Please review for greater detail of requirements.
Queensland – specific instructions (refer to changes above posted at 5:00pm)
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has announced from 1.00am Tuesday 29 June, the following restrictions are in place for the 11 local government areas of Brisbane, Ipswich, Logan City, Moreton Bay, Redlands, Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Somerset, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim, and Gold Coast:
- Masks are required for all services in these LGAs. Care workers and care recipient need to wear a mask when giving and receiving services
- All OTHER LGAs – If a client or carer has been in South East QLD since the 15 June then they must wear a mask at all times
The full media release from the QLD Premier’s Office can be found here. Please review for greater detail of requirements.
If you have any questions about delivering services, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe, stay well and stay connected by keeping up to date with important health authority guidance and advice, and by logging in to Provider Connect.
General Manager, Service Delivery Partnerships